Dull hair or a limp mane is among the dreadful things to happen to an individual. However, having frizzy hair tops the list. Hair issues like these are more likely to cause anti-social behaviors not only for teenagers but majority of the world’s population. But with today’s advanced hair technology, even frizzy hair doesn’t stand a chance.
We Crown The Best Flat Iron
HD Professional 1.25″ Advanced Ionic Tourmaline Hybrid Flattening Iron
Our reasons for choosing this:
- Creates diverse looks – from smooth to glamorous waves & curls
- Durably designed red ceramic plates maintain heat & overall performance
- Tourmaline heater provides even heat distribution plus faster heat recovery
Things have come up bright with the coming of the flat irons that can be used to straighten out hair.
Before choosing a product, users must be aware of the type of hair they have because not all flat irons work the same due to varying textures. Hair texture and volume differ from each other and may look:
- Thick, coarse, curly or frizzy –Wiry, easy to tangle and unruly hair require a professional flat iron capable of high temperature to straighten the winds and curls without damaging hair.
- Normal, medium or wavy – What these hair types need is one that has temperature control which can be set at about 180˚.
- Fine or thin hair –These types can use what normal or wavy hair types use of for finer hair, choose a tool with a cooler degree of heat.
Experts suggest that starting at a low temperature and eventually working your way up may prevent hair damage. If you notice frizz, breakage or dry ends, it means the iron is too hot for the hair to handle.
Next, consider flat irons by technology and that gives you:
Now, we give you the top 6 picks… Introducing the All Beauty News guide to the….
6 Best Flat Irons For Thick Hair
6. HD Professional 1.25″ Advanced Ionic Tourmaline Hybrid Flattening Iron
This specialty professional-grade device provides a sleek, shiny hair. The unique design features advanced floating 100% ceramic tourmaline-coated plates. The plates provide even heat distribution allowing for easy straightening using one passing glide.
Professional stylists commonly use this tool for advanced keratin treatments that seals in extra protein to smoothen hair cuticle utilizing its diverse temperature settings. This sells at a great price online.
5. GHD Eclipse Styler
This ground-breaking styling iron is capable of tackling any type of hair texture in a quick and easy fashion and uses less heat. With a price tag of approximately $165.89, it creates a long-lasting gloss and undeniable shine with its patented tri-zone innovative technology.
It has three fancy sensors capable of measuring hair density. There is no need to set it to a full 450˚ to achieve desired styling as the 365-degree setting can handle various styling techniques.
4. SalonTech Silicone 450 Flat Iron
The Salon Tech Silicone flat iron is best for conditioning, generating shine and protecting hair color. It has three patented silicone bars which hold and guide hair strands in one pass. This time-saving tool is built with a microprocessor that heats the iron within 17 seconds and takes five seconds to recover heat.
Its plates is embedded with silicone to help hair glide through easily, cutting down on snags and snarls in just a few seconds. Its consistent temperature polishes even the coarsest hair but its high setting is too hot to handle fine textures. Price starts at $57.95 online.
3. FHI Brands Platform Tourmaline Ceramic Professional Hair Styling Iron
This FHI item creates diverse looks from smooth to glamorous waves or curls. Its durable red ceramic plates maintain heat and perform style after style. Aside from owning even heat distribution, it has a high speed heat recovery characteristic.
Selling at around $125.99, this ergonomically-designed hair flat iron is easy to handle. Users can adjust temperature by twisting the red dial up or down for high and low settings.
2. Ferrum Professional Volumizing Flat Iron
This model costs around $145 and creates more volume and less damaging to the hair. It does not crush the hair dry like other conventional flat irons as it has a soft fabric plate specially made to allow hair to breathe while on the process. This means, moisture is locked into the hair follicles.
Dramatic shine is also possible with this high-tech tool. It has high quality tourmaline-coated ceramic plates and also features Nano3 technology that helps in conditioning hair while doing the job.
1. 6th Sense Professional Flat Iron Hair Straightener
This flat iron comes with a free 2-in-1 mini iron and heat resistant case and sells at around $120 online. Its 1” no-pinch ceramic tourmaline plates prevents tugging thick or curly hair and its floating plates only offers a smooth and flowing hair experience.
With just one pass, you get beautiful straight hair using half the time other flat irons promise to deliver. The company offers a 4-year warranty for this model and refunds money to dissatisfied customers.
Hair Straightener Buying Guide
Choosing flat irons is easier if you know the drill. Now that you know the different types of hair with associated temperature settings and various kinds of flat iron technology, we come to the plate material your kind of hair needs.
- Thick, coarse, curly or frizzy hair types need plate sizes ranging from 1” – 1 ½” for above shoulder length, and 1” – 2” for shoulder length or longer. Normal, medium and wavy hair types need plate sizes ranging from ½” – 1 ¼” for above shoulder length hairs and 1 ¼” – 2” for shoulder length or longer.
- Using shampoo or conditioner will provide you with straight hair (that is if you have that in the first place) but you can use smoothing hair care products to prepare the strands for the blow dry or ironing process. Start in the shower by using a paddle brush to comb the product through.
- Blow dry hair until up to 80% done and keep the nozzle facing downwards during the entire process to avoid the dreaded frizz.
- Use a thermal protecting agent that you can use on damp hair. This resists dry spells and protects the hair from damage that can be brought about by a 450-degree setting.
- Try sectioning the hair to save time and to avoid missing out other strands. Flat irons don’t work well if you grab too much hair. It doesn’t matter how many sections you make. Consider more sectioning for thicker hair.
Now, you are ready to dwell on the thought of selecting what’s best for your hair. Consider these reminders as they are essential to an iconic look.