Essential oils work wonders when it comes to improving your mood. Their benefits go beyond the pleasant scent, from helping you sleep or relax to improving your digestion or skin. Essential oils were said to have a healing effect physically, emotionally, and mentally. You can use them either through inhaling, direct application on the skin, or a diffuser.
Essential oils are basically highly-concentrated plant components. They are extracted from the plants. Pure oils tend to be expensive because you can only get a small amount from a huge plant, but the results they give are well worth it. In this article, you will know more about essential oils in general, and how a company like Young Living made it big in this industry.
How it Works
There are plenty of essential oils out there that can leave you confused. It is highly recommended that you choose essential oils that are pure, steam-distilled, and medicinal. Not all oils can be applied directly onto the skin, as well, because the high concentration can trigger a reaction. Essential oils are diluted with either water or a carrier oil (almond or jojoba), and should not be ingested. While these oils are known to have healing effects, it would still be wise to consult your doctor before trying them out.
Different Essential Oils and Their Uses
Essential oils come in different types. Each of them provide different uses, too. Below are some popular essential oils and their uses:
- Tea Tree can be used topically, and works well in treating skin issues. Simply dab it on the affected areas using a cotton swab.
- Lavender is called versatile oil. It has relaxing effects, but can work on cuts, bruises, and skin irritation. Its scent can also help reduce your stress levels.
- Calendula is used in various forms, including as an essential oil. It is good for sensitive skin, as well as for lightening scars. It can also be used to soothe psoriasis.
- Chamomile can be used as a tea or as an essential oil. It is known for its relaxing effects, and is best taken before bed time.
- Peppermint stimulates and purifies the mind. It helps boost your mental alertness, too. This oil is just one of the many oils that you can ingest to help treat indigestion.
- Frankincense is used both for relaxation, and the treatment of bug bites and minor cuts. It is also used for inflammation, depression, immunity, and spiritual awareness.
- Oregano is known as a flu fighter because of its antibacterial properties. A lot of people swear by it during the flu season.
- Lemon is good for detox, as well as acne. It helps boost your alertness, concentration, and focus. It even helps keep the fleas away from your pets.
- Grapefruit has similar healing effects to lemon oil. It is a great option for people who are experiencing fatigue or jet lag. Since it is a natural antiseptic, you can include it in your household cleansers.
- Eucalyptus is perfect for those with frequent colds and allergies. It is also used to help clear sinuses and relieve sore muscles. Since it has antibacterial properties, it is known to boost your immune system. You can use this oil using a vaporizer or apply it diluted inside your nose. It should not be ingested, and must not be applied undiluted to avoid irritation.
Young Living Essential Oils
Young Living was founded by Dr. Gary Young in 1993. This essential oil company exercises quality control, from cultivating to harvesting and distilling. These oils are created with care, caution, and in compliance with ethical guidelines. The company is not only known for its high quality and pure essential oils, but also for their great customer service. Their focus on customer satisfaction is evident on their website, where you can see contact details like email and a toll-free number. They even have live chats available.
The Product Line
Young Living Essential Oils offers plenty of highly-beneficial products. The company was able to successfully make their products and their uses known to the marketplace. Today, more and more people have considered these oils as alternative ways of maintaining health and healing. The company’s products fall under two major categories:
- Home products: healthy cooking, family health, pet care, and household cleaning;
- Wellness: weight management, mobility, multivitamins, antioxidants, age-based nutrition, and stamina.
The Business Opportunity
Young Living Essential Oils is, in fact, a network marketing company. Like its competitors, this company offers commissions on product sales whenever you sponsor somebody into the business. This is the business side of the company, where you can take advantage of both its products and its money-making capabilities. A lot of users have signed up to become a part of this business opportunity, and they have benefited greatly from this experience. Not only do you get to stay healthy and happy, but you will also get to earn extra by sharing these oils to other people.
The Wholesale Membership will help you save 24 percent off the retail prices of Young Living products. You can even save more with the company’s exclusive promotions and specials every month under this type of membership. The good thing about this one is that there is no monthly commitment.
Wholesale Membership with Essential Rewards
This type of membership requires you to commit to earning 50 value points each month. You will receive the same benefits under the Wholesale Membership. The points that you earn can be used for discount shipping and free products.
This one allows you to place your order anytime, and pay for them at retail prices. While the costs are higher, there is no monthly commitment. There is also no discount shipping.
Pros and Cons
Like any other network marketing firms, Young Living has its own pros and cons too!
- They know the right way to process essential oils;
- They do not rebottle their products;
- They have been in the industry for 22 years, making them a reputable company;
- They have the biggest inventory of essential oils;
- They use brown glass bottles for the oils
- The products are expensive – the most expensive to date;
- They sometimes run out of stock.
Factors to Consider When Buying Essential Oils
Before heading out to make a purchase, it is crucial to know the following factors to consider to help you make a wise buying decision:
You will want pure essential oils. When you buy oils with additives, fillers, or anything synthetic, you are placing yourself at risk of irritation or reaction. Pure oils will never have these.
Quality and Price
Companies like Young Living have their own farm, which is why they are able to control their prices. For best results, you will want to invest in high quality essential oils. There are many out there that sell these oils for a reasonable price without sacrificing quality. However, it is important to note that pure essential oils tend to cost higher than the fake ones.
This guide has all the information that you need about Young Living and essential oils in general. Take time to do your research and see which essential oil/s will best match your needs. It will also be wise to carefully examine each brand and check whether the oils are pure or fake.
Also Read: Tresemme Keratin Smooth Reviews