4 Things to Consider When Buying A Self Tanner
Looking pretty is a full-time job. You must always style your hair, put on your make-up, manicure, pedicure, and a hundred other things are waiting in line. But what is the most important attribute of feminine beauty? Her skin. A healthy, glowy skin is one of the best accessories. The only way you can achieve that glow is with a not too obvious, high-quality tan; and since sun tanning is not an option in the cold season, your best alternative is a self-tanner.
Before throwing yourself at the first product that you’ve seen on TV, take a moment to consider a few factors before buying it. The fact that one product is good for others doesn’t mean it suits you. Or if a particular brand is popular, that doesn’t necessarily make it good. It is all marketing. Here is a small guide on what you need to consider before making a purchase:
Is this product safe for your skin? You may have sensitive skin, dry skin, greasy skin. There are dozens of types, but your kind is unique. Read about a product, get to know your skin, do your homework, and your skin will be thankful.
Are you allergic to certain ingredients? Allergies are not something you mess with. You don’t want to end up in an ER with an ugly rash rather than a beautiful tan, now do you? Look at the list of ingredients before buying a self-tanner.
What is your preference in methods of applying the self-tanner? You are aware of the fact that there are many self-tanning solutions. You have the ones that are absorbed very fast, like the ones in the form of mousse or gel. Then there are the easy-to-apply self-tanners, like sprays, and the ones you put in your moisturizer in the form of serum. Lastly, don’t forget about the tanning bed lotions because hydration is essential. As you can see, there are many options. Do you know which one is best for you?
Did you know that you need a special self-tanner for your face? Presumably, you do, which is why the face gets its own tanning solution. The face skin is sensitive and requires better treatment than the rest of your body.
What is the best offer on the market?
There are hundreds of brands out there. Each and every one of them promises you the heavens, but too few deliver the results. However, there are a some that always get excellent reviews online.
Usually, if you are looking for a product, customer’s reviews is the first thing you look at, right? So here is top 5 most positively reviewed brands: St. Tropez-Nivea-Sephora-Tantalizer-L’Orea – They all are rated 4 or 5 stars. They can be found either online, on Amazon, Sephora, or other online shops. Don’t forget that Sephora has its own stores, so you can also find their products there. Nivea products are everywhere, so don’t be surprised if you are shopping for your self-tanner at Walmart. The prices vary, but they are not exaggerated. Most of them are more than affordable.
Best Self Tanner 2017
Be sure if you wish to get the sexy bronze look of Hollywood beauties, choose airbrush tanning, which is the best self-tanner. People with extremely fair skin should avoid the sun and choose self-tanning products that contain DHA (Di -hydroxyl acetone). This compound gradually works on the dead cells present on the surface of your skin, giving you an even tan.
Many salons provide airbrush tanning services. However, you can do it on your own, provided you know the correct technique of “shading” your skin.
You can easily get the best self-tanner in spray form on the internet. Reputable sites offer this product at affordable cost and appreciable shipping. But, before you order a spray tanner, you should know the right way to use it. Check the labels of the best tanning products to determine which shade will suit your pale skin tone. Each company makes tanners in different shades to match different skin colors. So, take your time to decide which will be the best self tanner for Asian skin color.
Steps for Using Airbrush Self Tanner
- The first step is exfoliating your skin. Use a loofah or exfoliating gel to remove the dead cells and dry flakes from the skin surface. It’s essential to have a clean skin before applying a tanner.
- If you wish to tan your whole body, wax or shave the whole area. If you choose to wax as a method for hair removal, do it one day before using the tanner. This is because the skin gets sensitive after a wax and might react with the product ingredients. If you choose to shave, you can do it just before using the product.
- Moisturize your skin. Use a good moisturizer 60 minutes before using the tanner. The best self-tanner may also contain moisturizing ingredients to keep your skin hydrated.
- The next step is to use the airbrush tanner. Begin from the bottom. Be quick and uniform in application to get an even tone. If you’re too slow, you might allow the formation of streaks or blotches; however, most of the popular tanning products hardly produce streaks. They are known for their even tan and quick absorption. The trick is to keep the brush moving continuously over your skin.
- Apply the tan using long strokes. Make sure that you tan every bit of the skin surface.
- Let the tan set in your skin before you decide to apply another coat. Don’t be in a hurry to reapply or you might make your skin darker than desired.
It’s not necessary that you may hit the best sunless tanning product in the very first attempt. See what works for your skin. You must look out for certain qualities in a self-tanner to ensure an effective, safe, and long-lasting tan.
- Presence of botanical extracts
- Quick absorption
- Uniform tan
- Safe to the skin
- Absence of stain formation
- Friendly to your pocket
The International Agency for Research on Cancer and the United States Department of Health and Human Services have established that ultraviolet rays of the sun as well as artificial lamps and beds that tan your skin are carcinogens. So, it’s time to forget the sun and switch to self-tanners. You can effortlessly get the best self-tanner with the above-mentioned features online.
Self-tanners are the perfect alternative when the UVs are AWOL. So if you are avoiding the tanning bed, or you just have that skin complexion that doesn’t allow you to tan naturally, the solution is right in front of you. Literally. Also, don’t forget about the mitts. Nobody tans their palms.