Vitamin E is one of the most important nutrients for the human body. It helps improve brain function and blood circulation. People with heart problems are often told to take vitamin E to help reduce clots. Furthermore, Vitamin E is also perfect as a topical ointment for scars, old or new. There are commercialized ointments available, but you can also use its capsule form and apply its content onto the wound or scar.
More reasons why Vitamin E oil is essential
1. It has amazing health benefits
Vitamin E has amazing health benefits, which include:
- Preventing heart-related issues, including those due to high blood pressure and blocked arteries
- Preventing cancer, particularly in the lungs, prostate, oral, colorectal, pancreatic, and gastric
- Treating diabetes complications
- Helping to improve brain diseases, such as dementia, Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, and others
- Treating ageing skin, skin disorders, sunburn, and effects of chemotherapy
- Improving endurance, energy levels, and muscle recovery
With so many health benefits to offer, how can you not love vitamin E?
2. It repairs and protects the skin
Vitamin E also helps regulate the skin protein production, such as elastin and collagen. It also helps keep your skin healthy by fighting free radicals that harm the body. In addition, vitamin E helps lighten dark spots and scars, even those seemingly permanent ones. It also promotes tissue repair for faster healing.
3. It is easy and quick to apply
Applying vitamin E oil, particularly from its capsule form, is quick and easy. You will need to have a sterile pin and a light medical gauze on hand, and follow this step-by-step process:
- Poke the capsule using the sterile pin and expel some of the oil
- Make sure that the wound or scar area is clean to prevent bacteria from entering (vitamin E is not anti-fungal or antibacterial)
- Place the expelled oil onto a cotton swab, but avoid touching the oil with your hands or spill it on upholstery or clothing
- Gently dab the oil on the affected area, but do not rub it in to avoid further damage
- Cover the area using the gauze
- Leave the oil on for at least five hours before rinsing it off
- Repeat the process at least once a day for a couple of weeks or until the scar has lightened
4. It helps treat acne, too
When taken orally, the daily recommended dose for vitamin E is 15 milligrams a day. You can help your body better absorb the vitamin by taking it with selenium. For acne, however, you will want to apply the vitamin directly on the skin. Similar to scar treatment, it is extremely important to keep the affected areas clean before applying the vitamin E oil to prevent infection.
Use a cotton ball to apply the oil on the affected area, and leave it on for at least 10 minutes. Simply rinse off your face using an all-natural facial cleanser. While there is no need to dry off your face afterwards, you can do so if preferred. You can also choose to just wipe away the excess oil, and then leave it on overnight. Repeat the process every day until you see improvement, but the results are not instant as it may take several weeks to a few months.
5. It is easy to find
Vitamin E oil is easy to find. You can purchase the capsule form from your local pharmacy or beauty stores. If you want to help improve your overall health, then you can simply add foods rich in Vitamin E into your diet. You can easily get vitamin E from green leafy vegetables, seeds, nuts, and fortified foods like cereal.
6. It moisturizes your skin
This oil helps retain moisture and prevent dry skin. It has the ability to remove dead skin cells and allow new skin cells to form. Regularly applying vitamin E oil will not only help reduce the appearance of scars, but it can also give you a more even skin tone. This is one of the reasons why it is so popular among women, particularly those who suffer from skin imperfections, such as acne and extremely dry skin.
Also read: How to Get Rid of Visceral Fat